Saturday, April 19, 2008

On the brink of China

My last night in Thailand. Leaving for China tomorrow morning.
Alas, I've not caught up with the stories I wanted to share with you from Laos. I hope to do so at some point but can't see when now, as I keep accumulating more stories and can't keep up with myself.
The experiences in the village in Laos were /amazing/ and inspiring, and confirm for me all the 'romantic idealizations' of traditional villages that turn out to be realities, that I saw when I was in Ladakh in 1998 and 2000, too. Idyllic indeed. Mindblowing, actually, what human nature /could be/, in fact, usually has been throughout human history. Sorry you missed it; my fault; even the camera-robbery story lies unfinished. Perhaps I'll publish even the draft/notes version so you can get a gist.
And then there was the story of getting struck at by a cobra the day before yesterday... and all sorts of little gems like it that, I am fearful, will just fold quietly into the sediment of forgotten memories.
Who knows what China will bring for me. Please wish me luck and other nice things. Love to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roy,
Good luck in China! It sounds like it'll be great :)

James B

bodypsychotherapy2 said...

God speed brother... Jean-Paul

Rachel said...

Luck :o)